Pages

Friday 29 November 2013

Black Friday Respite

Phew..... Hello Everyone..... [peeps head above pile of unwanted clothing]

Having spent the last 48 hours trying to de-clutter (still in non-hoarding/aparigraha mode), I'm finally back with the next blog instalment :)

I confess, my efforts to clear space and let go of unwanted clutter haven't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped.  First, the pile of "stuff", instead of being neatly stashed in my wardrobe, is now strewn all over my study.  Second, my attempt at flogging everything on eBay yesterday was hampered by snail-paced computer function - is it all worth it for a mere £0.99 per item, I ask myself -  with the end result being one of total frustration. 

To top it all, today, being Black Friday - a time, it seems, for retailers to go all out to attract our custom (to ensure we collect yet more unnecessary "stuff") - means I have been bombarded with unsolicited emails which have, quite frankly, sent me into even more of a head spin.

So, it seems now would be a good time to introduce the practice of restorative yoga [and breathe].  

Restorative yoga (using props in the postures to support) is a great way to undo the stagnating physical effects of sitting in a fixed position, behind your desk, for hours at a time, and also helps still the mind from all its daily "busy-ness".  In essence, it brings equilibrium back into our existence.

Although this all sounds very relaxing and peaceful, a word of warning here: some people still find the postures I have demonstrated a little challenging at first.  However, in using plenty of props (bolsters, cushions, blankets etc) to provide greater comfort, you will soon find your body able to shed any restlessness, allowing your mind to relax into stillness.

The keyword here is: Patience.

By incorporating this short routine (or just a few of the postures) into your daily/weekly practice, you will soon be rewarded with the ability to find tranquility, be in the moment, and prepare yourself for the next set of challenges.

What's more, as you will see from the video, you don't even have to step out of your house to do it!



To view video, click the link below:
http://youtu.be/KmTqU7iF-q8



Wishing you all a peaceful and restorative weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm off to do a drop at the Charity Shop :)


No comments:

Post a Comment