Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

I'm not perfect.....

As promised, today's instalment is the first of my How-To guides to assist beginners and the less flexible among us to achieve the best from their yoga practice.  Perhaps I should have posted this blog first, who knows, I'm learning at this game too.  Anyhow, the short video clip shows you alternative ways to carry out forward bends, lunges and downward facing dog WITHOUT CAUSING INJURY to yourself.  No need to watch this if you have already perfected these techniques, but if you are anything like me, I am far from perfect... I don't have a perfectly flat back (being a scoliosis sufferer), whilst I can bend, it's not always in the right places, so you won't always see a beautifully demonstrated posture.  But what I will say is that this is precisely WHY I practice yoga; to assist in improving my overall strength and flexibility, to alleviate the pain which often accompanies the above-mentioned "malformation" and to assist me on my journey in search of "perfection", or shall we just call it enlightenment!



Click the link below if video does not open:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=emR66HgFGzw

Coming shortly will be the How-To guide to performing useful back bends, such as the Cobra etc shown in yesterday's clip.

Keep those comments coming, and help me to better help you.

Meanwhile, I'm off for a back massage....but that's another subject, for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment